Business Forms

Frequently Used Forms for Business Owners

If you are hiring an employee they need to complete Form W-4 and Form I-9. This information is used to setup your payroll and issue W-2s for your employees at year end.

Independent Contractors:
If you are hiring an individual or business that will work as a subcontractor or in a freelance capacity they need to complete Form W-9. This information is used to issue 1099s at year end.

You should also ask the contractor if they have worker’s compensation and/or liability insurance and obtain their certificate. This will be vital information for your annual insurance audit to reduce your costs.

Sales Tax:
If you are purchasing materials for resale, you are entitled to an exemption from sales tax. The vender will require a Resale Certificate – for New Jersey Form ST-3 and for New York Form ST-120.