employer forms

employer forms

If you are hiring an employee, they need to complete Form W-4 and Form I-9. This information is used to setup payroll and issue W-2s for your employees at year end.

An independent contractor is an individual or business that will work as a subcontractor or in a freelance capacity for your company. They need to complete Form W-9. This information is used to issue 1099s at year end. You should also ask the contractor if they have worker’s compensation and/or liability insurance and obtain their certificate. This will be vital information for your annual insurance audit to reduce your costs.

Please read our Whitepaper “Employee vs. Independent Contractor.”

Refund Tracker

Tax Payments


CCPA Preferred Partners

Social Security Data

Employer Forms

Curious about the Carter CPA Experience?